• 231 231 5404

Press release: Answers to the 15 most Frequently Asked Questions of citizens for the new Controlled Parking System of Thessaloniki

04 Dec

Press release: Answers to the 15 most Frequently Asked Questions of citizens for the new Controlled Parking System of Thessaloniki

In the first weeks of its implementation, the new Controlled Parking System (CPS)of the Municipality of Thessaloniki has created a new framework for the organization of parking in the city.

The aim of the Municipality is to have clear parking rules on the streets where CPS is applied and to give the opportunity to the citizens and especially residents, to get familiarized through the period of the pilot operation with the new system.

Permanent residents, who are also the main concern of the Municipality of Thessaloniki, are required to submit their supporting documents, either through the online form in thesi.gr or with an Original Envelope at Thessaloniki City Hall, in order to obtain the resident card. Only by this will they be able, from  January 1ST 2018, to park legally and free of charge in the blue striped positions near their permanent residence.

More than 2,000 applications have already been submitted so far and the process continues. Same goes with the evaluation and approval or not of the resident cards.

Given the increased interest in obtaining a permanent resident’s card, the Municipality of Thessaloniki, in cooperation with the Municipal Communities, has gathered the 15 most frequently asked questions of citizens submitted either to the Municipality of Thessaloniki or to THESi website, either on its Facebook page.

1.There are more than one passenger car in the family, can I get a resident card for all?

 No. Every residence is entitled to only one resident card and this is checked by the electricity supply number.

2.Can I use a passenger car which is not registered in my name?

No, it will be necessary to transfer even a small percentage so that the name of the resident appears in the vehicle’s license.

3.Can the car be assigned by a parent to his child with a statement?

No. The car cannot be assigned. Only a small percentage can be transferred (eg 10%).

  1. Is it mandatory that the real estate, vehicle and driving license are in the name of the applicant?

Yes. Excluding spouses, for whom, for example, one may have the driving license and the other the vehicle license.

  1. When the driving license is not in force, can I file instead a deposit statement with the Transport Directorate?

No. The deposit slip is not a license and is therefore not acceptable.

  1. If I change my home address what papers do I need?

The supporting documents required are: E1 with registered old address, lease (if rented) and change of address to the tax authority in order to declare the new permanent residence.

  1. In case the lease contract has expired, which supporting documents must I submit?

In this case, the interested party must submit the old lease together with a declaration by the owner of the property declaring the extension of the lease for 2018 or the renewal of the contract.

8.What if document E9 is old (handwritten)?

Document E9 must be stamped by the tax authority, otherwise the applicant may present a recent evidence of Unified Property Ownership Tax (ENFIA) EFF.

9.In case of a free-of-charge grant from a parent to a child, what is required?

The supporting documents required are: E1 of the child, E9 of the parent, E2 of the parent, as well as all the other documents mentioned in the application form.

10.Is it necessary that the Public Electricity Company bill or other power company bill be in my name?

No, but the power supply number must match that of E1 and Form E9. The electricity bill may be in any name. Only the supply number is considered.

11.Can the submission of the supporting documents be made by third parties?


12.If I change my ID must I do something ?

It must be declared to the Tax Authority.

13.Can trucks get a resident card?

No, it is not foreseen in the decision of the Municipal Council of Thessaloniki.

14.Can passenger cars with foreign number plates get a resident card?

Acquisition of a resident card by a passenger car with foreign number plates is not foreseen according to decision of the Municipal Council of Thessaloniki

  1. When the driving license is foreign is it accepted as a supporting document?

Only diplomas awarded in EU countries are accepted.